TOP TEN CHINESE MOTORCYCLE COMPANIES

, , 44 Comments

Loncin Racing

Loncin Racing – The first factory racing team from China competing at the MotoGP. Here Tomoyoshi Koyama makes the most of the 125cc bike.

The most important motorcycle companies that you’ve never heard of.

Now that China has overtaken Japan to be the world’s largest producer of motorcycles, we decided to profile the top ten Chinese motorcycle manufactures. Featuring a line-up of motorcycles almost exclusively under 250cc, here they are, the most important motorcycle companies that you’ve never heard of:

LONCIN

Loncin LX250-7 JEDI

Loncin produces motorcycles, motorcycle engines, universal gasoline engine, ATV all-terrain vehicles, parts and components. The company operates production, distribution and marketing facilities in Chongqing, Zhejiang and Guangdong. It has annual production capacity of 2,500,000 motorcycles, 3,000,000 motorcycle engines, and All-terrain Vehicle (ATV) production capacity of 150,000. For motorcycles, motorcycle engines, universal gasoline engines the company is in the top ranks of the forefront of production and sales, exports for three consecutive years, ranking first industry-wide.

Loncin LX150-30 SPITZER

Loncin JL250GY ROVER

LIFAN

Lifan LF250-19

Lifan was founded by Yin Mingshan, a convicted dissident, in 1992 as a motorcycle repair shop (Chongqing Hongda Auto Fittings Research Centre) with a staff of nine. Becoming the fifth-largest Chinese motorcycle maker in only seventeen years, the company was renamed Lifan Industry Group in 1997.

2006 saw commencement of automobile production after the 2003 acquisition of Chongqing Special Purpose Use Vehicle Manufacturing Co Ltd. Yunan Dali Junma Automotive Company, a commercial-truck maker, was another acquisition target.

Update – Jul 2011

The Italian supermotorcycle manufacturer, MV Agusta , has signed an agreement to enter the Chinese motorcycle market.

MV Agusta, partnered with Lifan Group, signed the agreement at the EICMA China Motorcycle Show. MV Agusta motorcycle will grace the presence of the dealer’s showrooms at the end of 2011. They hope to reach sales efficiency (read profitability) by 2013.

Lifan LF150-13H

ZONGSHEN

Zongshen ZS150k

Zongshen was founded in 1992 and now consists of 52 wholly owned or part owned subsidiary companies. The Zongshen group has over 18,000 employees, and the total assets or worth over 4 billion Yuan. It is one of the five largest motorcycle manufacturers in China.

Based in Chongqing, China, it has a yearly output of over 1,000,000 motorcycles.

They are presently in partnerships with Harley Davidson and Piaggio.

Zongshen ZS150-6[V]

QIANJIANG

QJ125-6A

QianJiang motor is one of the largest motorcycle manufacturers in Asia. Founded in 1985, today it is one of the largest manufacturers of 2-wheeled vehicles in China. QJ is a state holding enterprise, with 5 domestic subsidiaries, 10 branches, 1 overseas subsidiary and over 10,000 employees.

Their product range includes motorcycles, scooters and mopeds from 50cc to 1,130cc under the Qjiang, Benelli, Generic and Keeway brands. The present production capacity is 1.5 million 2-wheeled vehicles and 2 million engines per year. Over 22% products are exported to 136 countries all over the world. QJ also operates ATV, mini dirt bikes, garden tools, vacuum pump etc. Today, QJ products are available on every continent except Antarctica.

European design, Japanese quality with Chinese cost is QJ management motto. QJ built 2 R&D centers in Europe and China, cooperating with professional and experienced experts from Italy, Austria, Japan, Germany and France etc. QJ is the only Chinese motorcycle company worldwide to produce high-speed racing motorcycles and touring motorcycles. Every year, QJ develops and launches new products to fulfill customers distinct desires.

QJ150-19A

QJ Cruiser 250

LUOJIA HIGHLAND

Luojia Highland was established jointly by Luoyang Northern Enterprises Group Co., Ltd. and Nya Sweden Highland Motors AB in April, 2005.

Luoyang Northern Enterprises Group Co., Ltd. is a large arsenal group founded in late 1960s. As one of the first 19 pilot motorcycle enterprises nationwide, it started to produce “Luojia” brand series motorcycles at the end of 1983. In 1992, Luoyang Northern Enterprises Group Co., Ltd. and Thailand Charoen Pokphand Group have founded a joint venture company “Luoyang Northern Ek Chor Motorcycle Co., Ltd.” to produce “Dayang” brand series motorcycles. Advertised by the slogan “yesterday’s Luojia, today’s Dayang”, “Dayang” motorcycles rapidly opened up the market and became well-known brand. The Nya Sweden Highland Motors AB is a R&D company focus on research and develop motorcycles. It maintains its leading place in the world in the fields of fuel injection, multi-valve, water-cooled application, light weight, etc.

JINCHENG

JC150-6CV

For thirty years, the motor vehicle industry of Jincheng has gradually developed to be the backbone enterprise in the Chinese motorcycle industry through extensive joint venture cooperation with enterprises at home and abroad, from technology introduction to joint development to independent innovation. It was the first company to export the manufacturing technology to foreign countries; building the first Chinese motorcycle joint venture in South America; the first to jointly research and develop high-end products with European enterprises in the same industry; the first to establish cooperation relationship with European enterprises.

We couldn’t resist including the following quote from their corporate website:

The vastness of the sky lies in its width, and the vastness of the people lies in their bosom. When the vastness of the people is merged with that of the sky, the sky will turn more expansive and the bosom of the people will turn more extensive.

<JC110-19V

DAYUN

DY150-12

Dayun develops, produces and markets motorcycles and engines. Guangzhou Dayun Motorcycle can develop products tailored to outside market’s needs. Currently their catalog has more than 40 models and 200 types of motorcycles and engines. They supply to buyers in Europe, the Middle East, North and South America and Africa. They operate a 400,000-square-meter factory staffed by 2,000 personnel and equipped with four motorcycle assembly lines, two engine production lines, two motorcycle packing lines and five paint spraying lines. They can guarantee an annual output of more than 700,000 motorcycles and 500,000 engines.

DY150GY

JIANSHE YAMAHA

YBR250

Chongqing Jianshe Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. is a joint venture founded in 1992 between Yamaha Motor Co. and the Chongqing Municipal People’s Government.

They manufacture complete Yamaha-brand motorcycles independently, and use their own sales routes for product sales and after-sales service.

JYM200

JIALING

JH125-5C

China Jialing Industrial Co., Ltd. (Group)(here after “China Jialing”) is a state-owned listed company, whose holding company is China South Industry Corporation. China Jialing’s leading products are motorcycles and its engines, plastic and aspherical high-tech optical lens, components of general machinery and etc. There are more than 10,000 employees, and China Jialing’s asset is over than 50 billion.

China Jialing were established in 1875,and carried out “Turn military production into civilian” to develop and produce civilian motorcycles in 1979. So Jialing is the founder and leader of Chinese motorcycle industry.
The products are exported to more than 90 countries and regions.
Jialing has the capacity of producing 2 million motorcycles annually

JH125E-6B

HAOJUE

HJ150-9

With a present production capacity of 3 million engines and 3 million motorcycles per year, the Grand River Group (parent company of Haojue) is one of the largest motorcycle manufacturers in China.

The Company was established in January, 1992, as the largest partner and export base of Suzuki Motor Corporation (Japan) in China. Haojue and Suzuki motorcycles, manufactured following the most advanced international technical standards, are well recognized for its quality. The products are welcome in China and are currently exported to more than 70 countries, including Japan.

HJ150-6A

Related Posts:

CHINA: NOW WORLD’S LARGEST MOTORCYCLE PRODUCER

44 Responses

1. Matt

06/18/2011, 09:06 pm

Wow, some of those Chinese cruisers (wrrrrretch!).

They’ll find their way eventually and the standards are fine looking.

2. Mashiba

07/29/2011, 09:22 pm

@Matt: yep, those standards have a lot of potential, that Jialing JH125-5C, with a classy paint job and a couple of bucks put into it would look very cool indeed. With the price of fuel approaching ridiculous levels here in old Europe, I’m looking for a chinese standard to customize myself (just looking at what Cleveland CycleWerks has achieved gives me hope)! I got sick waiting for the return of the XT350, DR350, SR500, etc., in the West.

3. Simon

09/17/2011, 09:12 pm

I am not sure about 7 of the listed 10 brands being important; however, Lifan, Zongshen, and Loncin are well discussed on several US forums. Several rebranded bikes are in the US made by these companies, or at least their engines are used. In fact, some BMW’s engines are OEM’d by Loncin (I am sure they wouldn’t want you to know that, LOL) One brand notably missing? Qingqi (pronounced Chin-chee) They OEM Suzuki’s 250cc and under engines, and their rebranded Qlink XF/XP200 enduros are well-known in the US, and these enduros are in fact rebranded around the world under multiple names, although using 125cc (Suzuki-engineered as well)engines.

4. musab

02/14/2012, 06:13 am

Hello I am an Iraqi dealer I want to know the quality of motorcycles with three wheels and Ajatin What are the prices

5. Salisu Usman Zuru

03/26/2012, 01:58 pm

I need contact emails/addresses of all the Top Ten Motorcycle Manufacturers.
    We in the National Assembly Abuja, Nigeria are interested in buying large quantities for distribution in our various constituencies.
    Thank you.

6. ali

05/07/2012, 07:19 am

Hi
    This is Ali
    Our company need to assist with your company about motorcycle LX250-7 (249ccmax).
    How many have you motorcycle 250capacity of the year?
    Do you sales motorcycle 250 under license to our company?
    If your answer is OK please send me catalog and complete technical specification ?

7. Frank

05/16/2012, 08:06 am

You don’t like Ch. bikes because you are a redneck who rides a PIG FAT BOY on “chrome”. U.S has 0 mass produced sport bikes. A Harley isn’t a sports bike, billy, it’s a a PIG like driving a truck and the rest like riding 18 wheeler’s. Get your facts.

8. Shane

07/08/2012, 11:55 am

I need yo know who in China manufactures the 250cc three wheel chopper trike .Its got a Harley look with a box at the back. Some call it the Road Warrior. Please email info to: clark1@telkomsa.net
    Thanking You
    Regards
    Shane

9. mazedul

10/25/2012, 08:51 pm

I am from Bangladesh, I have need some company name who can supply motorcycle body parts(without engine)

10. GARY

02/25/2013, 12:13 pm

hi i have a puzey bennelli xor 125cc scooter .. i need the barrell and piston and head gasket..

11. Victor

03/19/2013, 10:08 pm

Hi, I’m from Brazil and we are interested in importing 50cc motorcycles directly from the manufacturers. If you have contacts in China (or if you are), we would like to talk.

Best regards…

Victor Cavalcanti.
    mr_pio@hotmail.com

12. Mahmoud

04/01/2013, 02:49 am

Many greetings behold you, I am a Nigerian prince Mahmoud mahalla mabuttahurts, I am interested in purchasing many of your two fifty cycles, I can pay with American credit card and arrange shipping and pick up by myself.

13. fatima silva

04/03/2013, 12:33 am

Hi there,

Would you please send me a catalog of the latest bikes you have, my husband and I are looking into opening a business in our native country of Nicaragua.

Fatima

14. Thomas

04/08/2013, 04:11 pm

Hi there,
    I’ve got a kind of request to anyone here who could help me out where I could get some body parts for Zennco Lynx50. Any ideas where is the manufacturer of this scooter? Who and how to contact to further order them? Thank in advance for kind and prompt respond.

• Ryan Lu

05/22/2013, 03:01 am

Pls send your demands of motorcycles to my Email, I will discuss with you. best regards!

• Bukman Dawuda

02/18/2014, 07:17 am

From Ghana and would like to do motor bussiness with you.so email me the we talk more.

• Tarun

04/14/2014, 01:32 am

JOIN TEAM JOEY NATION!BUFFALO WILD WINGS IN AUBURN, IN Wednesday NOV. 14th from 6-8(Come on out!) You may contact for coupnos. 10% of all food purchases will be donated to help JOEY!**TEAM JOEY Christmas Extravaganza** Mark your Calendar!!Date: November 17th, 2012Time: 12:00pm 5:00pmLocation: Auburn First Christian Church,910 N. Indiana Ave. Auburn, IN (Just south of Rieke Park) SANTA will be there for a photo Opp, bring your camera, take all the pictures you need and make your Christmas Cards perfect, coloring table for kids to color pages for the Keller’s, Party lite candles, Premier Designs, a Certified Massage Therapist (for on the spot massage), home made Jams, bake sale, 31, Vault Denim, home made blankets, scarves and purses and many more things! SILENT AUCTION: Debrands chocolates gift baskets, American doll clothes, Cookie cottage gift baskets, Italian Grille gift cert, Albright’s Grocery gift Cert., movie baskets, longaberger baskets, Vera Bradley Bags and MUCH MUCH MORE! Please join us in making this a SUCCESS FOR JOEY!!!! Please share and mark your Calendar!

• Beth

04/14/2014, 11:00 am

Legos rock my boys’ world and run my life too. I came across your blog on Top Baby Blogs and think it’s darlnig. I’m also a mother of two boys (not twins) and I enjoy reading about what I have to look foward to. Thanks for sharing.

15. jerry leo

06/05/2013, 06:00 pm

hi, would you like to co-operate your company with my company? my company name is jr company&leo group in indonesia it state as jerry leo bersaudara. i would like to be your sale representative in indonesia. what do you think? my company address is pluit selatan raya no 109 jakarta utara indonesia 14450 phone: +62-21-92910763 email: leojerry3@yahoo.com
    if you ready to cooperate with me than i will have my employee that are ready sales your product to be the best seller in indonesia or even at all around the world. but on one condition that is that we would like to change the brand name to as what our company needed that is the logo of Leo. the main point is that we will keep buying your product as your best buyer and sell your product to people that need it at all around the world. of course at the first start will be in indonesia. base in pluit selatan raya no 109 jakarta utara indonesia 14450. it will be nice to be your best representative in the world. if you really want to make deal with me on condition above or below such as send us some brosur or if possible i would like your company agree state that we can be the representative in all aorund the world. since our company just build, the first the thing that we can do is: we request the price of your car, the model, the price that we should sell your product in indonesia at the moment. since our company want to have a long relationship with your company, then if possible our company would like to make the contract of co-operation with your company that are legal, including papers that are needed such as contract that are printed on type on paper and are sign by us. my data are as below:
    Name: Mr Jerry Leo as written in passport. d.o.b: 28-10-1976 if for some reason you would like to come to indonesia, it would be my pleasure to take you around. if possible in jakarta at the moment. or even some other place if you want. i can speak mandarin, indonesian, english, cantonese and hokian. thats all for now, i would like to hear from you soon. best regards: Mr Jerry. at jakarta. indonesia. 15-5-2013.
    we doing business on export import car, spare part, accesories, motorcyle, electronic, mechanical, technical etc. our company president direktur have npwp which means we have government tax so means that all our business are legal and will be development and will be grow up to many places in the whole world. cause “together we build a better future”

• Ananda

04/13/2014, 04:58 pm

awesome advice. I live in Thailand,efbbbf and its pterty hot here all year round. Rather stupidly I ride around with jeans on and no boots. heavy leather gear, while safer, just isnt practical. Can anyone suggest any jackets, gloves etc that would offer some decent protection but not make me melt in them?

• Gourav

04/15/2014, 02:30 pm

WOAH! Sounds to me like you’re looking to inurse a crotch rocket !!Back up, re-group and reconsider buying a cruiser. Your age and riding experience (ON THE ROAD) count a lot also.A good rule of thumb is to remember this: the closer you have to get to the horizontal position to ride the bike, the HIGHER your premiums will be! So, the closer you come to an upright riding position, the LOWER your premiums will be.Yamaha had a program that if you finance LESS than $ 10,000 they were NOT requiring physical damage insurance. YOU are STILL responsible for the damage (AND the loan value) if something happens to the bike. You are actually self insuring which is the CHEAPEST way to go, but, not always the most economical!Look around for an independent agent in your area that specializes in bike insurance. In FL, look for the Specialty Insurance Agents logo and you should be able to find someone to help! There are several companies that specialize in or have competitive M/C insurance rates Progressive, Dairyland, AIG, Foremost, American Modern Home, GMAC (in some States) just to name a few. The is also an internet provider that is something like BIKELINE (sp?) Good luck, ride RESPONSIBLY and I hope this helps!

16. Tait Dalrymple

06/06/2013, 09:09 am

So many requests for further information here on on the above Chinese Motorbike factories. many of the the factories already have contracted sole distributors in many countries, so you would need to find out that first if you are able to import the products, I live in Wenling where QIANJIANG have there factory so I have already made an inquiry about the New Zealand and Australian markets and the above was the case. If anyone wants some help finding out further information from the above factories let me know and Ill see what I can do, send me an email with what you want to know. tait@anzsbs.com

17. TIKAMA

06/29/2013, 07:38 pm

We sell ZONGSHEN & LIFAN MOTORCYCLES IN KENYA.
    They last over five years on road and are durable motorcycles.

18. Yousef

08/06/2013, 03:42 am

Hi I am from Saudi Arabia.
    I saw your products of motorcycle, which seem to be good I am interested in importing some of your products please send me you email to communicate.

Thanks.

ymak62@hotmail.com

19. Rafiullah

08/19/2013, 12:10 pm

Best regard from rafiullah ghafari president of ghafari brothers trade company. I vesited your web I thing your company may be good. I need near 200 hundred motorcycle from different products. While you send me my answer on that time I will send you the pictures thanks.

20. nwobodo livinus amobi

08/28/2013, 04:24 pm

hello sir,please my name is NWOBODO LIVINUS AMOBI i am from nigeria but i based in angola.i am doing the buisness of motor and motorcycle parts here in angola.and the buisness is moving very very well here in angola,1 forthy fit container of motor and motorcycle parts last only three day here in angola.I have so many costomers,but the problem is that i dont have money now,and i dont have goods to supply them.SO that is why i am looking for a company of motor and motorcycle parts that will help me for the goods.AND i will be very very happy if your company can come here in angola and open a new branch so that i can your representetive here in angola.or you can send one of your wokers here in angola to come and see how the buisness of motor and motorcycle parts are moving here in angola.
    THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU AMEN
    THIS IS MY CONTACT.
    PHONE NUMBER.+244922375940.
    EMAIL.nwobodolivinus@gmail.com

21. Botardi

09/16/2013, 06:41 pm

Hi

I am interested on starting my own biz in Chile.
    The idea is to supply a market that is demanding this kind of products.
    From 50 cc up to 250 cc / four tracks too.

If I could receive some assistant on brochures, as well as technical/mechanical advisement would be great.

Tks!

22. mahmud salem omran

12/06/2013, 08:16 pm

am EGYPTION MAN I saw your products of motorcycle, which seem to be good I am interested in importing some of your products please send me you email to communicate

23. mohammad madahiian

01/10/2014, 01:19 pm

i need to an engine that is 250cc, one cylinder ,automatic clutch,air cooled, reverse gear.i want to install it on a three wheel car.

24. Required from a supplier from China Parts Motscal de 150-4 form a full $ 3,000 dollars detail required quantities and view photos of the parts required to respond as soon as

02/02/2014, 10:06 pm

25. PETER GICHUHI

03/20/2014, 07:19 pm

I am interested in becoming a China motorcycle dealer here in Kenya. kindly advice please. Thanking you in advance. Regards Peter

• Erling

04/11/2014, 01:57 am

My wife and i have been ecstatic Emmanuel mneagad to deal with his inquiry from the precious recommendations he received from your web page. It is now and again perplexing to just always be giving freely guides which often some other people may have been making money from. And now we do know we need the writer to thank for this. All of the explanations you have made, the simple site menu, the relationships you will help engender it’s many remarkable, and it is leading our son and the family reckon that that situation is excellent, which is certainly really serious. Many thanks for everything!